January 02, 2013

2012 - A Quick Peek


12:39 AM 1/1/2013

I can no longer remember how I started my year 2012 but I know the succeeding months weren't so great. I was transfered to a different team, to a not-so-friendly team captain and not-at-all-friendly teammates. That, and the struggle of hitting my sales target, has got me transfered to a different account. It's goodbye to sales targets and hello to more techy stuffs. I was excited and happy. But that feeling ended right away after a week of training. Everyday OTs, no lunches or even breaks, and an unsatisfying salary - I endured it all for almost 8 months. But I got fed up and decided to end my call center career. I resigned and grabbed an offer given by the DA's ASec. But then my being a government pawn started and ended in one day since I didn't like, or hated, the job. That was in November. I became idle for a week, stayed at home and just passed resumes online. I was about to go to Cebu the week after to look for a better job, because of the invisible pressure of my mom. Luckily, there was a jobs fair on the last week of the month, and I was hired the week after. It's not a call center, thank God, but it's still a foreign company that I am required to work at night. Good thing was that I'm only required to work 8 hours a day, I have weekends off, and I won't have to work during Christmas and New Year. Guess where I am right now. I'm at home, still enjoying the vacation. I was only required to work 2 days at home. And what I like the most was the salary. I don't wanna mention it because I'm still unsure of my position in the company. It's not because I don't like it. In fact, I do. It's just that my new company requires their employees to be as good as they can be. I didn't want what happened to my colleague to happen to me. Out of hundreds who applied during the jobs fair, only three of us were called back for final interview, just the two of us were accepted for training, and my colleague was removed from the company after a week because of his performance. I'm still a probee so I still have to work my ass off so I can be regularized after 3 months.

Other than work, I didn't have anything else to talk about. I'm still as lucky as can be with family and friends, and still poor with lovelife. 2012 hasn't been the best year for me, but it has opened a lot of doors so I can start a great year. I hope this year will be a boom in my career and, hopefully, love life. LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment